Melasti Beach is a hidden gem located in the southern part of Bali, Indonesia. It is situated in the village of Ungasan, nestled between two popular beaches, Dreamland Beach and Pandawa Beach.
One of the best things about Melasti Beach is its unspoiled natural beauty. The beach is surrounded by towering limestone cliffs that give it a secluded and peaceful feel. The crystal-clear water is perfect for swimming, while the soft white sand provides a great spot for sunbathing or taking a leisurely walk.
Getting to Melasti Beach is relatively easy. It is located about 40 minutes from the Ngurah Rai International Airport, and can be accessed by car or motorbike. If you’re staying in the popular tourist areas of Kuta, Legian, or Seminyak, you can reach the beach in about an hour. If this is your first visit, I suggest to use a Bali private driver service.
Aside from its natural beauty, Melasti Beach is also known for its cultural significance. It is a popular spot for Hindu ceremonies, such as the Melasti cleansing ritual that takes place before Nyepi, the Balinese Day of Silence. During this ceremony, locals gather at the beach to purify themselves and their surroundings. The entrance fee is IDR 20.000,- per person.
Melasti Beach Location:
Top Activities to Enjoy at Melasti Beach
Melasti Beach is a hidden gem in Bali that offers stunning views and a tranquil atmosphere. If you’re planning a trip to Bali and want to experience the beauty of Melasti Beach, here are the top activities you can enjoy:
• Soak up the Sun: Melasti Beach is the perfect spot to soak up the sun and enjoy the beautiful scenery. You can relax on the pristine white sand and enjoy the warm tropical weather.
• Swim in the Crystal-Clear Waters: The waters at Melasti Beach are crystal clear and perfect for swimming. Whether you’re an experienced swimmer or a beginner, you can enjoy the refreshing waters and cool off from the tropical heat.
• Snorkel: The waters at Melasti Beach are teeming with marine life, making it the perfect spot for snorkeling. You can rent snorkeling gear and explore the underwater world of Bali.
• Surf: Melasti Beach is also a great spot for surfing. The waves are perfect for both beginners and experienced surfers, and you can rent surfboards or take a lesson from a local surf instructor.
• Paddleboard: If you want to explore the waters in a more peaceful way, you can rent a paddleboard and glide along the coast of Melasti Beach.
• Watch the Sunset: The sunset at Melasti Beach is a breathtaking sight. You can watch the sun dip below the horizon and enjoy the beautiful colors of the sky.
• Take a Walk: The beach is surrounded by towering cliffs and lush vegetation, making it the perfect spot for a peaceful walk. You can take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the beauty of nature.
• Yoga: Melasti Beach is also a great spot for practicing yoga. You can take a yoga class or simply find a peaceful spot on the beach and practice on your own.
• Picnic: Melasti Beach is the perfect spot for a picnic. You can bring a blanket and some snacks and enjoy the beautiful scenery while you eat.
Melasti Beach offers a wide range of activities for visitors to enjoy. Whether you want to relax on the beach, explore the underwater world, or immerse yourself in the culture of Bali, Melasti Beach has something for everyone. So, if you’re planning a trip to Bali, be sure to add Melasti Beach to your itinerary and enjoy these top activities.
Melasti beach water sports
Melasti Beach boasts pristine white sand and turquoise waters, making it an ideal spot for swimming, snorkeling, and diving. But the beach’s main draw is the wide variety of water sports activities available for tourists of all ages and skill levels.
Jet skiing is a popular activity in Melasti Beach, where visitors can rent a jet ski and cruise along the coastline, taking in the stunning views of the surrounding cliffs and rock formations. Parasailing is another thrilling option, where visitors are lifted high above the water for a bird’s-eye view of the beach and its surroundings.
For those looking for a more relaxed experience, paddleboarding and kayaking are great options to explore the calm waters of Melasti Beach. The beach is also an excellent spot for surfing, with waves that are suitable for beginners and more experienced surfers alike.
Visitors to Melasti Beach can also try their hand at flyboarding, a new and exciting water sports activity that involves being propelled into the air by a jet of water. And for those who want to explore the underwater world, snorkeling and scuba diving are available options to discover the diverse marine life that inhabits the reefs and underwater caves in the area.
After a day of water sports activities, visitors can unwind at one of the beach’s many cafes and restaurants, where they can enjoy delicious local cuisine and refreshing drinks while taking in the beautiful sunset views.
Melasti Beach is a must-visit destination for water sports enthusiasts visiting Bali. With its stunning natural beauty and wide variety of water sports activities available, it is the perfect spot for a fun-filled day in the sun. So, come and experience the thrill of water sports in Melasti Beach, and make unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime.
Book Your Stay at Accommodations around Melasti Beach
If you’re planning a trip to Melasti Beach, you may be wondering about the various accommodation options available and their room rates. In this article, we’ll provide you with information on some of the popular Melasti Beach resorts and their room rates.
- Melasti Beach Resort & Spa
Melasti Beach Resort & Spa is a popular resort located just a few minutes’ walk from Melasti Beach. This resort offers a variety of room types, including Superior Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, and Suites. Room rates start from $65 USD per night for a Superior Room, $85 USD per night for a Deluxe Room, and $105 USD per night for a Suite.
- Ungasan Beach Villas
Ungasan Beach Villas is a luxurious resort located just a few minutes’ drive from Melasti Beach. This resort offers guests private villas with one to four bedrooms, each with its own private pool. Room rates start from $295 USD per night for a one-bedroom villa and go up to $685 USD per night for a four-bedroom villa.
- The Beverly Hills Bali
The Beverly Hills Bali is a modern resort located a short distance from Melasti Beach. This resort offers guests a choice of Superior Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, and Suites. Room rates start from $105 USD per night for a Superior Room, $120 USD per night for a Deluxe Room, and $155 USD per night for a Suite.
- Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort
Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort is a luxurious resort located around 20 minutes’ drive from Melasti Beach. This resort offers guests a range of room types, including Suites, Pool Access Suites, and One-Bedroom Pool Villas. Room rates start from $340 USD per night for a Suite, $390 USD per night for a Pool Access Suite, and $540 USD per night for a One-Bedroom Pool Villa.
These are just a few of the popular Melasti Beach resorts and their room rates. When planning your trip, be sure to research and compare different resorts to find the one that best suits your needs and budget.
The Best Restaurants Near Melasti Beach
If you’re looking for the best restaurants in and around Melasti Beach, Bali, here are some great options to consider:
- The Mango Tree Cafe: This cozy cafe is located in Jimbaran and offers a relaxed atmosphere with great food. The menu features a variety of international and local dishes, with seafood being a particular highlight.
- Bejana Restaurant: Located in the Ritz Carlton Bali, Bejana Restaurant offers an elegant dining experience with a focus on Indonesian cuisine. The menu features a variety of dishes made with locally sourced ingredients, and the restaurant also offers a great selection of cocktails and wines.
- Samasta Lifestyle Village: This lifestyle village in Jimbaran features a variety of restaurants and cafes, including Bebek Bengil (famous for its crispy duck), Warung Mak Beng (known for its fish soup), and Sereh Gourmet Supermarket (offering a variety of gourmet foods and snacks).
These are just a few of the many great restaurants in and around Melasti Beach, Bali. Whether you’re in the mood for traditional Indonesian cuisine or international dishes, there are plenty of options to choose from.
Check also: Twin Lakes: Buyan and Tamblingan in Bali